Quote Originally Posted by jaycab
just to let fols know the bm technic software still works but there are 2 problems with getting it to work firstly
1 the installer will not start without an activation code and in turn is then activated online
2 the software was setup to download the vmware app from bmtechnics own site and will not work as their site is gone
now heres the solutions
1 their is a chap who has setup servers to give u an activatiuon code and a software patch and activate for u for a small fee
2 theirs also a diy on the forums to allow u to change the vmware glitch which allows u to get dis up and running

#i can confirm all this works as i lost my activation when i updated windows etc.but u do need a copy of the original bm technic software which i have on a usb stick
and it now works so easy now i have it working in tandem with ncs dummy
Why would you pay for activation codes? All this stuff is available for free on the web.
You just need to install bmw standard tools and update the daten files.
Bm technic like all other packaged products came with messed up daten files anyway so you still had to update them manually.
Plenty of other vendors for uk and romania that sell the package without any code too.