Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
Bit of a breakthrough with this - decided to check the bulbs in the gauge cluster. Fitted some new ones, and the front fogs symbol on the cluster is now lighting up. The rear fogs symbol isn't lighting up, but reversed the car up against the garage and could see they're working. Tried two new bulbs for that and no joy - but not a major concern to be honest. So looks like the fogs issue was caused by two sets of bulbs being gone.

With that out of the way - its more likely to be one of the more common causes. Diff sensor probably next item to check.
The speedo and econometer not working sounds like a speed sensor in the diff alright. Does your mileage still increase correctly when you drive?
Nope - its static. Going to go with the new diff sensor first up anyway and see if that sorts it.
Deffo is the diff sensor, connector on mine came loose the other day on the way back up to dublin, speedo became very erratic so I unplugged it until I got home so I could take a look at it properly. Was just a loose connection in the end.

They are easy enough to remove and clean if you want to try that first but I think a new one is about €30 from the dealers.