View Poll Results: Mechanical or Electronic?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mechanical

10 71.43%
  • Electronic

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mechanical VS Electronic?

BMWHaus Contributor

Mechanical VS Electronic?

Quote Originally Posted by kendo
    Definitely mechanical, the way things are going car wise you won't need a mechanic anymore you will need personnel from the IT department.
    If you think that's just limited to cars I have some bad news for you

BMWHaus Contributor

Electronics because progress. The improvements in safety alone are worth it, never mind increases in fuel efficiency, torque, horsepower.
    The car can tell you what's wrong, saving time and money in fault-finding. I can select one of thousands of tracks from my ipod while I drive. New sensors allow for amazing advancements such as BMWs adaptive headlights.
    The outstanding Sound of Honda video could not have been made without telemetry data from Senna's car.

If you're seriously telling me you can't enjoy driving a modern M because there are "electronics" then you're broken

BMWHaus Guru

I can't wait to get home tomorrow night and drive my electronic m3 (e92) while my mechanical m3 (e36) sits with Valdas getting a potential Vanos issue fixed!

The first half of the 00s electronics I would feel is enough for me, what I would love in my car are a few USB ports and a sat nav/display radio the rest does me fine