Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Worries Me Alot!!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: This Worries Me Alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by oo7m3
    Yes but with these you need the key to copy it right?? If that was the case they would have to rob the key anyway which they are not doing???

So how exactly are they gettin into and starting the car??
    electronic stuff does all work !! even if U open car with key ,with copy one ,without alarm system in it and mobilizer ,car alarm will be activated straight away ,so to get just copy is useless .

BMWHaus Guru

One way they get in to your car is by you unknowingly leave it unlocked.
    I have read that one way they prevent you from locking your car is by using a signal jammer. You park up on your driveway for the night, hop out of the car & click your remote button on your key fob & head in to the house. You assume that the car is locked but in reality the remote never makes contact with your car due to interference from the signal jammer planted near where you park.
    You can pick up a simple signal jammer for about €50. I have one for mobile phone frequencies, for test purposes. My one isn't even the right band for the remote key fobs yet it will still prevent the remote from locking the car when it is within a few feet of the car!
    This is how they get in to your car without breaking anything. This is also why I recommend that people get the audible chirp on locking enabled so you know your car is locked.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Apologies for reviving the thread folks, just asking on behalf of some colleagues:

So basically other than the signal jammer and forgetting the car unlocked, they would need to have your key (or break the glass) to get into the car and access the OBD port?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Apologies for reviving the thread folks, just asking on behalf of some colleagues:

So basically other than the signal jammer and forgetting the car unlocked, they would need to have your key (or break the glass) to get into the car and access the OBD port?
    No you can drop the window without they key
    Then they slide their arm along the door card to reach the obd port, connect up their key programmer then make a key from scratch.
    All that without the alarm going off. Thanks to the motion sensor weakness

BMWHaus Guru

This Worries Me Alot!!

What was the fix that bmw UK applied?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    What was the fix that bmw UK applied?
    Urban legend, never was a fixed released I have learned from all my flashes.
    The only thing they do is to disable opening/closing the windows from the key fob.

BMWHaus Guru

This Worries Me Alot!!

Thanks, I doubt that would stop a determined thief

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Thanks, I doubt that would stop a determined thief
    That will oblige them to break the window. Makes noise eventually.
    This combined to an OBD port relocation and they can't make the key no more.