Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fight against VRT

BMWHaus Guru

The fight against VRT

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    There f****** idiots shooting themselves in the foot they want to drive all the larger engined cars off the roads and replace them with small diesels , theres one big problem with that though you remove a massive chunk of tax from the overall amount and then what ?? The small diesels start getting screwed next

I never understand how 5 520d's on the road can equal do less damage then my 525i thats rarely ever on the road
    It's the same mindset that drove the price for a reserved reg no from £250 to €1,000 when the common sense approach would have been to increase a voluntary tax to an acceptable but not off putting maximum. If this had been done the revenue from that source could have soared too.
    I do think about €650 should have been the max achievable there

RE: The fight against VRT

Another thing is that they are fuckin up whole market.Imagine in next 10-15 years buying petrol f10???Non-existent,have never seen petrol f10 on the road here.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dzwx
    Another thing is that they are fuckin up whole market.Imagine in next 10-15 years buying petrol f10???Non-existent,have never seen petrol f10 on the road here.
    Lets be honest, the vast majority of people who can afford a decent spec BMW are not interested in cars in the same way as most people sitting on BMW forums are. They want a prestige car which is as cheap as possible to run. If you want a decent spec petrol F10, you're probably going to have to talk to your bank manager really nicely, or import one from the UK...

As for VRT going, I wouldn't count on it, and if it does you can expect an adjustment to the VAT rate or motor tax rates. Again, its not an issue for the majority - especially not the lefties who are going to be running the show for the next few years and the shortfall will be made up elsewhere.

VRT aint going anywhere and if in 5-10 years it does it will be replaced the following day with something else .............

as for importing petrol F10's from the uk, good luck there are none there either less than 50 out of thousands for sale and most are poverty spec 523i and in general are pointless as the diesels are faster .

if ya want a petrol F10 the only sane option is a M5 :wink::tounge: