Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High priced or Decent Deal

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: High priced or Decent Deal

I wonder what gearbox or engine worries you have? If it puts your mind at ease I have and e90 there with 200k miles, 07 so same engine as yours with auto box.it's well looked after, it's gets what it needs when it asks for it but outside of that it's never given any major trouble.

I noticed some play in the turbo last service and I changed the crank pulley last year as I noticed wear on the power steering belt but were far from thousands of euro there.

High priced or Decent Deal

Maybe under it all I want a new car and this is what's available, I love my car- fact, just worried about huge expense down the line. Your comments are appreciated and sobering, I've told M&G the same today too, I must have been on drugs yesterday to even think of it.

Was mad when the 2 cars were parked beside each other mine actually looked better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

You know the old saying a fool and his money are easily parted. Glad you didn't fall into that category and seen sense.
    I often wonder why we get so caught up on numbers(is it government , motoring industry conditioning) ie the year on your number plate and the number on odometer, when common sense tells us that you could have a year old ex rental with 10k on the clock and the thing is driven to an inch of its life or a 6-10year old car with 200k that has been treated with kid gloves. Which would you go for.

BMWHaus Contributor

You think that's high mileage haha, Christ all mighty what is wrong with some people , look after the car it will go forever, pay a grand or 2 and put a crate engine with 0 miles on it, or better still if it bothers you that much pay the 25e and clock the car