Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 Dashboard Lights

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 Dashboard Lights

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Yeah as Gar says DSC.

Will try the airflow meter later. Shes away with the car.
    Won't be airflow meter, don't go near it on a M54. Get diagnostics done, DSC cars have little ABS unit faults but in saying that have done a few, usually wheel speed sensor probs.
    my issues were same lights appeared,didnt affect driving for a few days and would clear if you switched ignition off and on again.but after the few days started loosing power and almost stalling.completely cut out one day so unplugged air flow by chance and no issues at all.if I plug it back in I have same problems all over again.i did buy a cheapish airflow months back and do blame that but will buy bmw oem one in time.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    my issues were same lights appeared,didnt affect driving for a few days and would clear if you switched ignition off and on again.but after the few days started loosing power and almost stalling.completely cut out one day so unplugged air flow by chance and no issues at all.if I plug it back in I have same problems all over again.i did buy a cheapish airflow months back and do blame that but will buy bmw oem one in time.
    Do you have the M52 2 litre engine though?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    Do you have the M52 2 litre engine though?
    yes,but through googling have seen m54 doing same.odd?

BMWHaus Guru

E39 Dashboard Lights

James if you're replacing your MAF the pierburg MAFs are meant to be excellent

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: E39 Dashboard Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    James if you're replacing your MAF the pierburg MAFs are meant to be excellent
    will check them out.gonna take the car off the road to service and have a good look over in next few weeks so will have time to sort the few bits

sent from a faraway planet

BMWHaus Guru

@[Curran]

http://cars.donedeal.ie/carparts-for-sale/bmw-e39-msport-for-parts/7097515

If you need bits might be close to you, think this might be MadMike