Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I collected the car this morning just had to go to the station and show my license and insurance/log book documents they gave me a release form for the impound yard,the recovery driver was actually in the cop station so he gave me a lift to his yard and i paid €125 release fee and i was on my way....no need to show tax for the car....the system in place is really flawed if you look at it this way my car tax for the year costs €1500 if i dont tax the car and it gets seized 4 times a year it will only cost €125 a time to get it back so €500 for a year..i will be taxing it this week anyway..but just for future reference if anyone else's car gets seized..
But you still need to pay the back tax don't you?
I'm going to transfer the car into a family members name and then I'll tax it, it's not ideal but I'll avoid the 3 months arrears.
Don't think you will get away with that now that you got it taken off you?? Should they not see a tax disc before its released? Stupid system...
I'm not too sure I'll give it a go anyway see what happens, yeah I agree it is a stupid system but as long as you have insurance and nct all you have to pay is the €125 release fee and you get the car back, you don't have to show you've taxed it.