Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes
Going away for 8 days in a few weeks time and usually hire out a SatNat from the car rental company. They can charge up to €10 p/d so me’s thinking it might be more long term efficient to purchase a unit and write the cost off over a few trips.

I don’t need anything hyper fancy but a reasonable screen (get used to the bigger screen in the M) and a good POI to help locate and find hotels and restaurants in whatever place one finds oneself. Being portable as well for carrying around when walking would be nice.

I was thinking of this a Garmin 2595LMT which is a Pixmania Staff pick. Seems to fit the bill.

Garmin Nuvi 2595LTM

TBH, I don’t really want to spend much more just in case it’s not used in future.

Anyone got one of these or any thoughts on the unit itself?
@[IrishEyes] I bought the Garmin 2597 LM from Halfords recently, while it lacks the live traffic updates its a newer model than the 2595 for slightly cheaper. Lifetime European map updates too and also get a free app so that you can choose routes on your phone and sent it to the satnav, not sure if you get that with the 2595 but its handy at times.

I found the 2597 LM very good to use, easy to search for locations and its quick to react.

http://www.halfords.ie/sat-nav-audio/sat-nav-gps/sat-nav/garmin-nuvi-2597-lm-full-europe-5-sat-nav