Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change of Ownership - How long to process

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: Change of Ownership - How long to process

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Thanks, I was hoping to get my wife to tax her e36 m3 GTII before C&C on Sunday but looks like it won't be possible so. The last owner missed the off the road deadline at the end of June - numpty!
    U can ring Shannon and ask did they got the log book .if they got it but U didnt got it yet ,it can be TAX-ed straight away ,as it could be on her name already

BMWHaus Guru

Change of Ownership - How long to process

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Thanks, I was hoping to get my wife to tax her e36 m3 GTII before C&C on Sunday but looks like it won't be possible so. The last owner missed the off the road deadline at the end of June - numpty!
    U can ring Shannon and ask did they got the log book .if they got it but U didnt got it yet ,it can be TAX-ed straight away ,as it could be on her name already
    Thanks Valdas, I might do that later in the week so

BMWHaus Contributor

This if fact if you send on the day 7-8 days later you will get the book back. I will not hand over cash until the book is in the postbox .

Edit I'd you hand in the book to the tax office with the new details you can tax it there and then.

BMWHaus Contributor

As above. I went with my logbook on my name to tax office and I tax the car there and left the form. 3 days later I had logbook.

Also you can check on motortax.ie if the changing of ownership is done and if they issued new logbook

@[JohnH] you can check online to see if a change of ownership has been processed yet? At least you'll know if its even made it to Shannon https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/pseVehicleSearch.do

BMWHaus Guru

Change of Ownership - How long to process

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    @[JohnH] you can check online to see if a change of ownership has been processed yet? At least you'll know if its even made it to Shannon https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/pseVehicleSearch.do
    Thanks @[ciars] no sign of it yet but I'll keep an eye on it.