Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mike
My favorite part is bass, subwoofers aren't easy, sure, adding a decent subwoofer to a system to supply more bass is no big deal, but getting the best possible sound out of a subwoofer IS.
Now, if one subwoofer is good, are two or more subs even better??
Of course it depends from the car size, type of music, how old you are etc... Anyway, if the car is not in every day use I think more subs are even better.
So here we go, what about 2x15" or 4x12" or 2x18" I'm still not 100% sure, but I have one of my old setup already tested-
and it's this one

another shot

nearly whole setup

Yaeh, I know, question is how to place all of them inside boot. Well I'll manage somehow :-/ For me most interesting are 2x18"- so will take this decision soon
Well bass is a science on its own, you can have all sort of enclosures, ported, vented, frequency adjusted...a real headache.
Bass is not for young people in my opinion, bass is one set of frequency, which is part of any music, and without bass you do not have a genuine reproduction of the music.
But in my opinion too much bass also kill the music. You can be a bass junky but you also have other higher frequencies to reproduce. If the bass is overwhelming, you could have a not so good system at the end of the day. To be a nice balanced system is what works best for good reproduction.
I have a brand new sub box I designed and got made recently by my carpenter. It takes 2x10" subs. It is 60cm long, sits on the floor and subs are pointing inside at a 45' angle.
It uas been designed for shallow subs though. But you would be surprised at how powerful it is is. Will dig the pictures.