Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Could you be more specific pls about your install? How did you sort out front speakers and amplifiers? Why did you choose slim mount depth subwoofers?
Anyway I believe your speakers deliver good hard back massaging bass with decent sound quality. I previously had a couple sealed boxes used to the tight punchy bass that such an enclosure provides. So you claim the port on your enclosure it's something like (a low noise design) and you don't prefer little boomy sounding because you listen mostly rock music?
Anyway, do you have some previous car audio installs even non Bmw? We can make new tread-previous car audio installs. I have couple pictures but is non Bmw install, I don't want drive admins crazy.
I use all original speakers spots basically.
Well, I have the following actually:

- Front
2x Gladen 5" midrange + 2 Gladen 25mm tweeters.

- Rear shelf
2x Gladen 5" midranges (Shallow midrange) + 2 Gladen 25mm tweeters

- Amplifier
1x JL Audio 600/6

- Subwoofer (Work in progress still)
As of now I have a 150w alluminium enclosed subwoofer mounted on the rear of the back seat.
It pulses very very well and I get a deep and tight bass all over the car really. You need to listen to it to really understand what I am talking about.

To me it does the job very well, I actually listen to all sort of musics, R&B, Jazz, Rap, etc. and it works very well.

I think I am going to install the 2 x 8" shallow subs under the rear shelf, OEM emplacement, as I can not afford to lose my trunk space.

I could have gone further, use another amp just for the sub, use AB class amp(s), use a much bigger sub etc...but I am keeping it simple but yet very nice to listen to, even at high volume, not noticeable distortion, as it is used as a demo car to show the Gladen speakers mostly that I sell and nobody is going to pay me 5000-10000 euros to get competition speakers and equipment.

Next step for me though is going DSP soon...

Yeah I got tons of other installs pictures/experience based on previous jobs, mostly BMW, examples: