Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most Reliable New BMW Car/Engine?

BMWHaus Guru

Most Reliable New BMW Car/Engine?

Quote Originally Posted by The Scout
    Fair enough lads. I didn't realise they were that troublesome. I was looking at buying an E63 earlier in the year and when I did my bit of research I couldn't find any major flaws reported like the usual Nikasil-Swirl Flaps-Timing Chain stuff that has affected large amounts of BMW engines.

So apologies to the OP, I certainly wasn't trying to give bad advice, just suggesting a car that I would have been happy to buy myself!

And thanks to the two lads for pointing the issues out.

Surely if the valve stem seals were done once and better quality parts were fitted the repair would last longer than 60k? Or is OEM replacement the only option?

It seems there is no BMW engine without its faults, some worse than others, maybe it's the same for every manufacturer.
    Honestly there's no such thing as a "good" engine or car anymore. They simply are just not built as good as they used to be.

Even jap cars these days have flaws, that was not the case 10-15yrs ago!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Most Reliable New BMW Car/Engine?

Thanks Mark and everyone who replied, yea it sucks that there is no real solid options for a reliable car/engine anymore, seems you just have to pick what you like and go for it. And buy a comprehensive warranty/insurance

Question now is 135i / 335i / or Z4 3.0 SI? I'll post a poll now I think

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Thanks Mark and everyone who replied, yea it sucks that there is no real solid options for a reliable car/engine anymore, seems you just have to pick what you like and go for it. And buy a comprehensive warranty/insurance

Question now is 135i / 335i / or Z4 3.0 SI? I'll post a poll now I think
    But do the N52 and N54 engines not have their issues also?

BMWHaus Contributor

Just avoid bmws, shite yokes driven by shite bags, 1999 clio for sale if anyone's interested, no known flaws, no test but should fly thru. . . . . . . . .