Quote Originally Posted by Gar
Quote Originally Posted by kceire
Quote Originally Posted by RobE39
Hi lads,

Is there any security issues to be aware of on the E39? I know the E60 has it's problems with thieves being able to break in without the alarm going off, but wondering if there's anything similar with the E39?
Quote Originally Posted by Gar
Short answer nope
Some small issues yes.
By now the newest one is nearly 12 years old. The alarm sirens can go on them and you never know until it's too late. Also the biggest security flaw on their in my opinion is the PDC set up. Somebody can come along, unclip all your bumper trim and cut out your entire PDC system in about 30 seconds flat!
What would be the purpose of cutting your pdc system ? The alarm on them imo is perfect

Deadlocked car ,immobilised and alarmed with tilt sensor in case someone fancys your wheels
They are stolen this way. Considering the cost of sensors, they just pop out the trim, you can use a lolly pop stick for this and just uncut the wire. This then gives them 6 PDC sensors and connections in less than 30 seconds.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the alarm, I'm just saying the 2 I was close to both alarm sirens were not working. I bought replacement sirens from members on here.