Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E90 door handle light retrofit

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E90 door handle light retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon
    It's an 07 320i m sport - apologies for the dumbness but what does the es stand for?
    Strange, the handle lights should be standard. They were standard on everything from SE up.

EDIT : Just seen you bought Wayne's old E90. Wasn't that a jap import? That would explain the European standard items missing as I think Wayne needed to change the radio and steering when he bought it IIRC.

BMWHaus Contributor

E90 door handle light retrofit

Yup was a Singapore car originally - if there's no wiring Id imagine it'll be a pain in the ass

BMWHaus Contributor

Yup was a Singapore car originally - if there's no wiring Id imagine it'll be a pain in the ass
    Roll of insulated tape.
    4 x €2 shop LED torches.

Sorted €9 all in

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm getting this done if it bankrupts me

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm getting this done if it bankrupts me
    The handle stubs and wiring them to something that's live on key open and door open should be fine. I can't advise on any coding or canbus issues though.

All you need here no idea what you do next but they are very cheap compared to the others on sale http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131374193122?nav=SEARCH

BMWHaus Contributor

Retrofit for a 1 series here

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20428

nobodies retrofitting to e90's because everyone has them haha - ohhh the jealousy

thanks for that link gar ive messaged the seller to see if he can supply fronts two as a full set so fingers crossed he can - 80 quid all in for all the parts would be an absolute steal

BMWHaus Contributor

I've found all the parts now - 100 all in but need to get them painted - onwards and upwards!

BMWHaus Contributor

Ok so parts are all sorted now

Now I need to power them off the central dome interior light, and I will have the dash, pillar and headliner out when I'm installing the double din headunit so my question is.....

Does anyone know an auto electrician who could chime in at that point for me and do the wiring part (electricity scares me)

Preferably a mobile one so I can strip all the panels, get him to come and then put the panels back when he's finished

I'll get this mofo done eventually

BMWHaus Contributor

Ok so parts are all sorted now

Now I need to power them off the central dome interior light, and I will have the dash, pillar and headliner out when I'm installing the double din headunit so my question is.....

Does anyone know an auto electrician who could chime in at that point for me and do the wiring part (electricity scares me)

Preferably a mobile one so I can strip all the panels, get him to come and then put the panels back when he's finished

I'll get this mofo done eventually
    Mick - Germanicks?