Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road carnage this week (every week)

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Road carnage this week (every week)

Lads the roads need re-designed.

Our roads are shockingly dangerous!

One step beyond the tarmac you either go arse over tit into a ditch or you hit something extremely hard. Either way, you're stuffed.

Limiting hp and restricting speed is counter productive as we need to move people and goods efficiently around the country.

The councils and governments need to step up and invest in the roads by increasing the amount of crash barriers on back roads and clearing roadside hazards like stone walls and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by listermint
    Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Running away from the guards with someones lively hood i suspect will do this to you. Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch.
    Not the time or the place dude..it's not the reason I posted the thread.

Well i was directly responding to what you asked ciars in your first post regardless if you like it or not you asked the question,

'how do you do this along that particular section of the quays'

So i gave a fairly valid response to it. Stealing a car and racing off with it will do that to you regardless of the section of the quays you are on.

The rest of my post has no bearing on it.
    Like I've already said man, comment's like "Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch" have no place in this thread (wasn't the thread intention) or on this site - regardless of the circumstances.

BMWHaus Contributor

Running away from the guards with someones lively hood i suspect will do this to you. Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch.
    Not the time or the place dude..it's not the reason I posted the thread.

Well i was directly responding to what you asked ciars in your first post regardless if you like it or not you asked the question,

'how do you do this along that particular section of the quays'

So i gave a fairly valid response to it. Stealing a car and racing off with it will do that to you regardless of the section of the quays you are on.

The rest of my post has no bearing on it.
    Like I've already said man, comment's like "Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch" have no place in this thread (wasn't the thread intention) or on this site - regardless of the circumstances.
    All im saying is you asked a question, You shouldnt include a stolen vehicle that the driver in question was held at knifepoint and taxi hijacked to a thread on road deaths. Im sure the other familes wouldnt like your comparison. So the thread was flawed from the get go.

No one likes to see loss of life Ciars, But its not fair to compare the accidents as the incidents dont merit comparsion. Its obvious why the first one crashed and i responded with the why.

Granted my thoughts on the subject at hand differ from your own. But just because someone disagrees begs a wonder why you opened the thread and as i said already 'asked a specific question'

If the thread was meant as a memorium to the incidents then so be it. Remove the question and remove my posts.

James, you yet again miss or choose to ignore my point? Comments such as what you wrote are not necessary in this thread. The intention of the thread was the destruction on our roads, especially bank holiday weekends. For the record I do not disagree with your points, just the manner in which you've commented! It's nothing personal.

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: Road carnage this week (every week)

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moly
    Apart from the one on the quays, they all have one thing in common - young drivers and performance cars do not mix, young drivers and 2am don't mix either. It's a sad waste of life, the devastation over the past 2 weekends is truly shocking.

How do you fix it ? Insurance is supposed to stop the high performance aspect, although the taxed as a 1L on the logbook trick gets around that, the bust I thought was helping too. But even in a 1L car, if you drive like a lunatic at 2 am, nobody is around to stop you. This type of carnage puts the spotlight on all young drivers including the responsible ones. Que Gay Byrne
    One looks like a 316i/318i the other a vw caddy hardly performance its never usually top of the range performance cars all I ever see are run of the mill yolks ran on a shoestring budget and pushed too far not taking the conditions of the road into account etc

Maybe rather then limit the engine size they should limit the bhp say 75bhp for anyone on an l plate or until they reach 23/24
    iv been driving since I was 17 I am now 22 with 5 years no claims and a CLEAN licence doing 20k annually do you think it's fair that I should have to give up my 318is that I worked very hard to get and have put thousands into to get a 75 hp car ? All I'm saying is it's easy to suggest things when you don't fall into the Category

Lots of hate on younger drivers going on in this thread,I know statistically young males are a higher risk and involved in more accidents. Personally I'm fucked up being stopped by Garda because I'm a young lad in a BMW and getting extortionate insurance quotes, yeah sure I drive over the limit a bit sometimes but how many of you can say honestly you don't ?

Basically what I'm saying is don't tar us all with the one brush I drive to the conditions within my ability and the cars limitations (have been to a track and found the cars limitations) which is more than a lot of individuals at least a decade older than me do ! Rant over

Re: Road carnage this week (every week)

Are you on an L plate 5 years now ?

BMWHaus Contributor

L plate or till they 23/24. Not having a go at you and hope you didn't take offence just using it as an example, I wouldn't like to be restricted because some fool in a civic or skyline thinks he's a racing driver,full licence since I was 18

Re: RE: Road carnage this week (every week)

Quote Originally Posted by dean-e36
    L plate or till they 23/24. Not having a go at you and hope you didn't take offence just using it as an example, I wouldn't like to be restricted because some fool in a civic or skyline thinks he's a racing driver,full licence since I was 18
    Maybe I should have been clearer what I should have siad was learners or people under 25

Above 25 I feel most are mature to drive correctly and under that and a learner driver should not be allowed to drive cars over 100bhp I stand by what I siad , im not writing laws nobody pays attention to a post on a forum but at the end of the day teenagers/learners should be limited in there choice of car

engine size doesn't cut it since you can have a 2.0 with +300bhp a friend of mine killed his best mate in car a few years back the car he was driving had 350bhp he was 19 at the time and way to young for that much power he got 4 years in the joy and has to live with killing his best mate for the rest of his life

BMWHaus Contributor

Problem is even a 100bhp car will do 120mph and will do plenty of damage in the wrong hands. Most of the bad driving I see on the roads is by older people who are just not thinking when they are driving. They're just going on autopilot in there own world.
    There really is no simple answer to it I think.

Thats true dave but it will take a week to do it , a car that reach 60 in 5/6 seconds is a lot more dangerous in the wrong hands in my eyes

Your right though there is no simple answer I was merely thinking out loud earlier people are going to die and accidents are bound to happen regardless what law is brought In