Quote Originally Posted by Bold
Quote Originally Posted by Hankcharlie
So having spoken to Deerpark for the last week and chasing him because he doesn't ring when he says he would a few times, we agreed on a trade in value on the Suzuki this morning. I said I'd travel from cork City with a view to buying the car, using up a day of my holidays and a tank of fuel only for his secretary to ring when I'm 30 mins from him to say the car sold. To say I was raging is an understatement. Is it just me or is that very poor etiquette? He knew I was coming. Ended up buying a car in morrisons in cahir on the way home who stayed on for half an hour after they closed so we could see the car. Car was a grand cheaper,they gave an extra grand trade in allowance and full two year approved warranty etc. needless to say I won't ever buy anything off Deerpark. Looking online this seems to be a regular occurrence. Rant over but the missus is delighted in the end so happy days!
From my experience of deer park motors you had a lucky escape count your blessings
I had the exact same experience with them a few years ago - literally sold the intended car out from under my arse while going to get them a deposit