Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda S2000

Re: RE: Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon
    Friend of mine actually has an absolutely exceptional example of one.......he's not selling but I'm sure he'd consider an offer if put to him. It's 100k + but it's had a new timing chain and gear fitted when the timing chain tensioner went (another very common problem) - gives you an idea of how anal he is
    Why did you shift yours so fast dillon ? Are they really as bad as people say completely gutless and brutal to drive unless above 5k rpm

BMWHaus Contributor

Honda S2000

No not at all - I had lots of problems with mine and it was just a money pit - by the time I was selling it it was near perfect but it had broken my heart so many times I couldn't forgive it haha. It's also very harsh and loud to drive day to day and very unforgiving in the wet - had quite a few brown trouser moments haha

It's an amazing car though, I'd Definetly buy one again armed with the knowledge I have now.

Just have to get the want for a 106 gti out of my system first

IMO an s2000 is an amazing second car - I wouldn't have it as a daily again though

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon
    No not at all - I had lots of problems with mine and it was just a money pit - by the time I was selling it it was near perfect but it had broken my heart so many times I couldn't forgive it haha. It's also very harsh and loud to drive day to day and very unforgiving in the wet - had quite a few brown trouser moments haha

It's an amazing car though, I'd Definetly buy one again armed with the knowledge I have now.

Just have to get the want for a 106 gti out of my system first

IMO an s2000 is an amazing second car - I wouldn't have it as a daily again though
    Ha, I sent you the pm BEFORE reading this

RE: Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    If you decide on one have a look at JDMAuctionWatch.com. You could bring one in from Japan but be warned shipping takes up to 12 weeks
    And be prepared to pay twice the price of one already in Ireland! JDM S2000s are not cheap at the minute:sad: In fact no Honda is!

BMWHaus Contributor

Honda S2000

Yup and they are increasing in value all the time - ep3's are good value at the moment though