Looks like a nice recolouring kit. They state that 65ml is enough to recolour one seat base so you should have enough for the two headrests. So not too expensive either at €25 delivered.

I have no experience of the scuff master kits but I have used a similar product from The Furniture Clinic.

www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

However the kit I used did not have a built in sealer in the dye and it was a separate process to seal the dye in. The kit you're thinking of has a built in sealant so it would appear to be a better option.

You will have to consider how you're going to apply the dye. I bought an airbrush kit along with the dye and also used a very fine paintbrush for the first few coats. The airbrush technique provides a very nice finish.

Cans of compressed air are used to power it. As you're just doing the headrests, one can would do but no harm to have a second one handy.

Your headrests will also have an existing layer of sealant on the leather which will have to be removed prior to you applying your new dye. Again, I got the sealant remover as part of the deal when I bought my kit.

I suppose if I was to summarise in a few steps..

* Clean the surface of the leather ( Zymol or Autoglym leather cleaner for example )
* Remove the existing sealant from the leather.
* Give the entire surface a very light sanding. ( I can't recall what number paper I used ).
* Clean again to remove any dust.
* Mask off any areas not to be recoloured ( the metal bars of the headrests in this case ).
* Apply the dye using your chosen method.

I waited until each coat was dry before applying the next but the dye I used didn't have a built in sealant. I would think that in the case of the scuff master kit with the built in sealant you could work away until you have enough dye on. Something to check up on before you start.

I then used the sealant provided.

It was recommended to me to treat the leather with a conditioner a few days after the recolouring process.

It states on the listing that once this particular dye is dry, it is dry. So maybe you could condition away but I'd leave it for a day.

Hope that helps. It's very satisfying work and very worthwhile. The results can be very impressive.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Mark