Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
I dunno why people are so quick to blame Joms and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I live in the back of beyonds in Co. Galway and Joms are an improvement over stock suspension or stock with a lowering spring. Something else is to blame for your poor rear handling. What tyres do you have and what exactly is the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats contrary to my experience, I drove a 530 with joms and the ride was shockingly bad down a bumpy road.

H&R comfort cup kit would be a good option.
I'd be slow to fit coilovers unless they were very good. By 530 I assume you mean E39 530d heavy car. Never going to preform amazingly on any coilover IMO. I drove one before on coilovers not sure what they were but I wasn't impressed either. I have my e36 on standards atm and it feels awful.
A coilover offers you an adjustable spring perch, if damping, compression, rebound are calibrated correctly with the right spring, you won't have a problem, it should be possible to have a ride that is every bit as good as stock but as you say, you need to spend the money on a decent coilover.