Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked BMW wheels

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Cracked BMW wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Remote
    No joy,

Was dealing with Joe Duffy, then BMW Ireland.

Both have said they will not replace or contribute anything to the wheel.

BMW Ireland claimed the wheel is buckled (out of ovality) too much (think it measured 2.5 on the run out test, whatever that means), they claim it could only have been an impact that caused it, not much in the way of a valid excuse when asked why the fronts are fine. They also claim it was only a certain batch of these wheels that were affected and that's why they have stopped replacing all of them.

Joe Duffy claim there hands are tied as the wheel falls outside there perimeters for replacing, but they refuse to say it was impact damage, unlike BMW Ireland. There hands are not tied at all, for a wheel that retails at €500, possibly costing them less than €300, it's terrible customer service, especially to a customer who has bought three new cars from them over the last 10 years or so. I know they have a bad name for customer service, but I most definitely will never deal with Joe Duffy BMW again, any new business can go to FK or MG. I passed these sentiments on.

It's very bad form.

Looking like il just take the hit and buy a new wheel, needless to say it won't be from Joe Duffy
    I swore when a dealer or BMW said they would never replace a wheel I would probably switch to a set of reps and keep the other wheels for when selling on or perhaps pickup a replacement wheel over time. Luckily mine were replaced and I managed to get rid of them for a set of 313s in the end, so happy days.

You could also see if dealers have nearly new from other customers who have perhaps swapped wheels or upgraded due to this issue, on the off chance it worked out significantly cheaper.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Remote
    No joy,

Was dealing with Joe Duffy, then BMW Ireland.

Both have said they will not replace or contribute anything to the wheel.

BMW Ireland claimed the wheel is buckled (out of ovality) too much (think it measured 2.5 on the run out test, whatever that means), they claim it could only have been an impact that caused it, not much in the way of a valid excuse when asked why the fronts are fine. They also claim it was only a certain batch of these wheels that were affected and that's why they have stopped replacing all of them.

Joe Duffy claim there hands are tied as the wheel falls outside there perimeters for replacing, but they refuse to say it was impact damage, unlike BMW Ireland. There hands are not tied at all, for a wheel that retails at €500, possibly costing them less than €300, it's terrible customer service, especially to a customer who has bought three new cars from them over the last 10 years or so. I know they have a bad name for customer service, but I most definitely will never deal with Joe Duffy BMW again, any new business can go to FK or MG. I passed these sentiments on.

It's very bad form.

Looking like il just take the hit and buy a new wheel, needless to say it won't be from Joe Duffy
    A used set for sale here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067286

BMWHaus Contributor

Cheers, but I picked up a new wheel last Friday and got it fitted.

Thanks