Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 325ci stalling

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 325ci stalling

Quote Originally Posted by seano
    Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned cold starts in my last post. The disa wasn't the cause nor did it solve that particular issue for me. It did however solve the stalling at low speeds. Your initial comment about the clutch control is what made me think that you have exactly the same problem I had cause I bloody well knew it wasn't my clutch control that was causing it even though there were no codes. Anyway, well worth checking, quick and easy unlike those bloody vanos seals..
    Bought the DISA kit and its on its way - sounds like the most obvious cause of the issue, so will see if it fixes it!

BMWHaus Guru

Ken, did you disconnect the MAF first to see if there was any change?

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned cold starts in my last post. The disa wasn't the cause nor did it solve that particular issue for me. It did however solve the stalling at low speeds. Your initial comment about the clutch control is what made me think that you have exactly the same problem I had cause I bloody well knew it wasn't my clutch control that was causing it even though there were no codes. Anyway, well worth checking, quick and easy unlike those bloody vanos seals..
    Bought the DISA kit and its on its way - sounds like the most obvious cause of the issue, so will see if it fixes it!
    Hope it does, very annoying problem. Did ya check it first though...

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Just to hijack here. I'm not sure whether my MAF is working properly or not. I get a code every now and again and disconnecting it makes the engine drop for literally a nanosecond and then back to normal and no difference in performance while driving. My mechanic buddy reckons the live readings all check out and I've found a few cracked rubbers which I assume would make a difference to the reading. So, my question, what difference am I looking for when disconnecting it.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Nope. Want a look at it this weekend - didn't want to try the AFM and not get anywhere, and then have to wait another week. The DISA kit was very cheap and it won't do any harm to replace it anyway, so at least I can rule out two options!

Hope it does, very annoying problem. Did ya check it first though...
    As above!