Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
John, like you I have Sky for TV and Eircom eFibre for broadband.

Sky were not offering fibre when I moved from Eircom broadband to their fibre offering.
I had UPC in the past many moons ago and after terrible customer service swore would never, ever go back.

Sky is a trouble free TV service but is probably over priced however they are now adding a lot of online options for on demand type services and from my experience it just works... Their customer service is generally acceptable to deal with also.

Sky have only recently started offering the fibre service so will be interesting to see the performance of that and if eircom is limiting bandwidth in any way.

I would think Sky probably has a really decent 12 month deal that makes it worth it for the year and then see from there.
I agree with you on the quality of Sky's offering Eddie, I'd hate to end up with something that was a pain to use.

I want to get a call package that includes mobiles and international calls. I was working at home a bit in Jan as the Mrs wasn't well and the Eircom bill was about €150, mainly down to 3 long international calls and a load of Irish mobile calls

For what I've seen so far Sky's call packages don't include Irish mobiles