Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
Thanks for all the replies lads. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I'm not the only one this has happened to; sad really.

I sent them an email outlining my problem, that I understand that a warehousing company can have stock issues and that all I want is a refund of the difference in price. As Valdelis put it, I just wanted the parts I ordered or a refund and as a consumer shouldn't have to argue simple trading laws to get this.
I effectively paid for dairy milk and got an animal bar instead "of equivalent function and value"...
The three week wait was one thing and I had to rebook my NCT twice based on their promises, actively stealing my money is another issue altogether.

For those asking about Mick's Garage. I ordered half of my parts from them and was extremely impressed. The live chat on their site allowed me to double check a part number with them, they delivered within 24 hours and when there was a one day delay they rang and apologised. The apology wasn't necessary but it was nice to be treated like a customer and not an inconvenience.

Shanley60 - Where did you leave a bad review for them?
They sent me an email asking to review their product an service.