Thread: F22s

BMWHaus Guru

F22s

Been eyeing up the new two series for my next car. Im planning on getting one next year.

Is there any reason we're not seeing any 228i's here or at the very least 225d's for the irish obsession with diesel?

Been looking abroad but vrt plus exchange rate makes it seriously financially unviable.

Has me puzzled!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: F22s

M235i is better value than the 225d.

235 comes with a better standard spec.

When you spec a 225d up to 235 standard the 225 becomes the more expensive car.

Loads of good deals in uk. Pre-reg cars etc. Might still be worth the vrt.

VRT has been royally screwed down here, to a point where it really is not worth it anymore for around 90% of what people are attempting to import.

€10K+ on a 5 year old E92 6 pot, €6.4k on a 7 year old E93 6 pot. Some of the recent quotes I've got. Sure they've left the VRT rates untouched, but they've acted the balls with unrealistic OMSP's pushing importing a car you want, far enough out, that it doesn't make financial sense in importing. Fuming.

BMWHaus Contributor

My vrt was 4680 on a 2010 f10 sport. It was 3800 when I checked online. Currently waiting to hear back from my appeal. They say 9 out of 10 people get something back. I just hope i don't get insulted ha. Unfortunately you have to pay what ever price they say and then appeal it.

BMWHaus Guru

New m235i have a list price of 48k euro in the UK, 60 in the ROI.

Would have thought some dealers would have stocked the 228, they're a good bit cheaper.

They're not listed yet on the revenue site but judging the vrt on one series, really not worth importing.

Would love a nice 225d or 228i next year, would keep me going until the m235i comes into reach

All thats on the irish market is 218 and 220 diesels.

BMWHaus Guru

UK dealers are discounting like crazy at the minute.

The discount available may counter some of the vrt.

I wouldnt say it if wasnt worth investigating.