Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

RE: Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

Quote Originally Posted by RossYB

Was it originally a 325 or 320 converted?
    320 with a 325 engine in it.

I just think I will sell on as is, I don't have any mechanic to make a declaration that the engine change was done recently and I ain't parting with my log book unless I can have something from a mechanic and a main dealer stamp I just can't take the risk of not getting that document back!

The way I see it is that I am screwed eitherway, sure I don't even know the fella who did the work only his nickname, I don't know the date the work was done to the car, the person who did the work to the car has emigrated so it's impossible for me to make an accurate declaration!

Not sure how that would stand up in court now but it's the truth at least, even if I did get a mechanic or main dealer to sign off of on it I can't tell him honestly when the work was done.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

Quote Originally Posted by RossYB
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    Plus your insurance is void in case of any accident.
    It's not, They still pay out 3rd party.
    Although the can chase you for the costs!

Personally I'd leave it up to the new owner, 325i down as a 320i don't bother me (Still a 6 cylinder).... It's the 328i down as a 316i that annoy me so young lads can insure them.

Was it originally a 325 or 320 converted?
    It's ireland, every company tries to make AND save money in ever possible way.

Having this mentality has generally fucked up the whole county. Not just insurance cost