Thread: What car to get next

BMWHaus Contributor

What car to get next

Guys,

The m3 should be collected in the next few days so will be on the lookout for a new car pretty soon.

May I add I am not very enthusiastic at the minute as the sale of the m3 is a bit sad to be honest. Love that car....but anyhow

I don't have a specific car or type/style of car in mind tbh.

It doesn't have to be a BMW but it would be my 1st choice.

Engine wise im always looking for high HP/fast car etc but here is a little guide line.

I am prepared to go up to a 3ltr but it must be a diesel. I would go up to a 2.5ltr with petrol unless the car was just to good to pass up.

My budget is give or take 6k euro.

NCT/Tax is always a benefit. Would love both but NCT is more important.

What I was thinking about so far are the following.
    Z4 2.5(cant find any 3.0 in my budget)
    E60 2.5-3.0 diesel m-sport saloon or touring
    E90 2-2.5 petrol but I don't think I can get an m-sport in my budget. Plenty of SE spec's around though.
    An e39 530d m-sport saloon or touring but would have to be pretty perfect with a hell of a lot of spec tbh.
    A 03-04 Audi A8 3ltr diesel but all I can find so far is basic spec in no so nice colours.
    A 05ish A6 Quattro S-Line 3ltr diesel
    Porsche boxster but all I think id get is a basic 2.5-2.7 model

Any ideas or links to a car I might of missed or might be interested in?

RE: What car to get next

Seems you mentioned an Audi A8,

What about a Mercedes S320 (W220) (Although it'd be 3.2)
    Could be got for well under budget and can get them with a lot of extras.

Brilliant cars.

BMWHaus Contributor

What about a nice 2 door impreza. Might get one for 6k.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

The Z4 is a nice car. They've caught my eye a lot lately (probably because we had some nice weather). I think they're a good all rounder and are good value at the moment! I'd say the 6 cylinder sounds great with the roof off aswell.

I've been having a good read about reliability and they seem fine. Apparently the contacts on the roof motor can corrode regardless of mileage and will need to be replaced which can be expensive. A lot of reviews also recommend you get one with the sports seats as they're much more comfortable.

If it was me I'd steer clear of the Porsche Boxster- they're very cheap but I'd just imagine they'd break your heart keeping one maintained!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nige
    The Z4 is a nice car. They've caught my eye a lot lately (probably because we had some nice weather). I think they're a good all rounder and are good value at the moment! I'd say the 6 cylinder sounds great with the roof off aswell.

I've been having a good read about reliability and they seem fine. Apparently the contacts on the roof motor can corrode regardless of mileage and will need to be replaced which can be expensive. A lot of reviews also recommend you get one with the sports seats as they're much more comfortable.

If it was me I'd steer clear of the Porsche Boxster- they're very cheap but I'd just imagine they'd break your heart keeping one maintained!
    There doesn't seem to be many 'sports' around as far as I can see. Specially in my budget anyway.

Also seems to be rare to find one with the head up display option which is a bit of a pain. Just the normal radio with AUX input and Bluetooth/USB etc.

BMWHaus Guru

I'd say one with the screen would be very hard to find indeed. But personally I really think the SE Z4s look nicer, you could always buy a pair of sport seats and retrofit them. I'd want one with sport suspension though!

BMWHaus Guru

Crikey theres feck all around for that...don't sell the M..simples:happy::happy:

BMWHaus Contributor

Anybody notice anything about this?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9597417
    BMW Z4 2003 2.5i

I got him to send me the VIN number.
    Car is a non sport model and is not fitted with sports suspension.

Has a few nice bits like PDC, climate control, Auto wipers, auto AC, hard top preperation etc.

Nct test is next week. He is waitong on a new soft top motor to arrive.