Thread: 520D 2008

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RE: 520D 2008

Picked it up on Sat and have to admit struggled for the first couple of days to get used to it - much larger car than im used, took a while to get used to the handling and stupid things like getting the seat to the right adjustment (still messing around with that !) - car size is challenging my parking skills and would hate to try it without the sensors. I commute roughly 200klms a day and each day I am more impressed, it handles the motorway commute at ease - I tend to keep to the 120kph - solid on the road and great handling for overtaking and extra power is great. BMW fans said to me I would feel less tired on the commute and I was sceptable on that but its true. I was concerned about the handling - it handles better than any other car I have had - just took a bit of getting used to (I might update this in the ice and snow ). This week I got 51mpg - looking through the paperwork and its the M47 engine (not sure good or bad). I think its a fairly base BMW model but has all the extras I need - not sure about the cruise control .. will try that soon. Thanks for all the advice, at this time I am really glad I went with the BMW over the Audi ..will try and put up a better pick just took this on phone today
    Attached Images Attached Images