Quote Originally Posted by Dave
That's a lot of money if done properly. You'd be talking the best part of 3.5k for all of the above.
I haven't looked at this in the last couple of years but my sums added up to considerably less than that with OEM suspension parts, I did the VANOS seals for <€40, CCV for just over €100 (ordered from ECStuning as part of a big order), DISA was ~50ish and suspension was adding up to about €1k IIRC for OEM kit (never did it though)
[hr]
Quote Originally Posted by dergside
What about this?

Not a 525i, but the right car is probably more important than a very specific spec requirement. I'll admit to being tempted to have my brother go and look this over for me as its not a million miles from him. If its what it should be with the description, mileage, etc. then its a bit of a bargain.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506234588096?channel=cars&postcode=e153ar&onese archad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&maximum-mileage=up_to_80000_miles&page=1&model=5_series&ra dius=1500&make=bmw&sort=default&search-target=usedcars&price-to=3000&logcode=p
That's great value - only issue is the fact that a heap of insurance companies aren't insuring over 15 year old cars anymore.