Quote Originally Posted by michael320
The Esat thing was a fairly big story at the time but I would have thought it had gone away at this stage. It just seems that the papers seem to have a feeding frenzy every time the man walks out his front door. As I said I have no strong feelings for or against but I do think that at some point you have to take it back to a human level, I mean discussing the mans banking affairs in the Dail is completely wrong. Maybe he did manage to work out some sweetheart deal with IBRC or NAMA but he wouldn't be first and wont be the last, and call me naive but I'd rather see those companies stay under Irish control then have some US vulture fund sweep in pick them up.
the government encourage those american companies by giving individual deals on tax etc. Was there not a recent issue with what they agreed with apple? It's not a problem unique to Ireland. Those holding the purse strings hold the power. His banking would not be an issue with the dail if it were not for him using his bank accounts to influence them in the first place. It's jobs for the boys