Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GoSafe (red) van - unmarked

BMWHaus Guru

RE: GoSafe (red) van - unmarked

Have yet to see a speed trap on the m9 until you hit kilkenny, and then its only on sunny days

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    151D6360 ,hyunday i40 white estate (1.7 diesel),no any signs , works on m50 24H :wink:
    Funny you mention an i40 Valdas - because around 10 minutes later on Butterfield avenue I had to back off at a junction and allow a silver unmarked i40 saloon run a red - strobes in the rear tail lights, very very subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    You'll be fine at that threshold, also look up the cosine effect. It cause them to under read if there is an angle involved and by law your speedo will overread
    Hope so Cethern, otherwise I'm going back out today to make it worth my while and at least do 120km/h

I've used 'Speedview' app which uses GPS for accurate speeds. My own speedo (digital readout on dash) is only 1/2km/h off what the app is telling me. However, I'll have a read of cosine effect - as I had just moved into lane 2 to overtake, so there was definitely a larger angle involved.

On a side note, a 152LH BMW i3 was in lane 3 at a rate of knots (is that possible in these?) - he was definitely done!

Try using WAZE on your phone.... Navigation app... It's possible to enter location of speed traps. Also puts up warnings of shit traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    Try using WAZE on your phone.... Navigation app... It's possible to enter location of speed traps. Also puts up warnings of s*** traffic
    Will give that a go, thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Have yet to see a speed trap on the m9 until you hit kilkenny, and then its only on sunny days
    I'm very regularly on that dublin waterford stretch, what i see mostly and then at the carlow and kilkenny ramps is the sniper trap, sitting in the off ramp waiting for something hareing down the road.Im for safe driving but jaysus lads act as a deterrant rather than sneaky tax collectors.
    My finger now naturally curls at the exact moment on the cruise control button to be lazily passing at 119k.

In mayo on the n5 Charlestown bypass the guards have a 98 or 99 landcruiser. The old model... Passanger, gray/blue black tinted windows....

Saw this red van at the layby just before the exit for the aiport on the m1 i was coming out of the port tunnel dong 100 km/h in an 80 zone reckon i was done it was day light so no flash

GoSafe (red) van - unmarked

For anyone using the N7 leaving Dublin on the approach towards the Newlands flyover, I've noticed there's a red Renault van mounted on the kerb on the left most evenings for the past few weeks. I can't say it's a speed van for sure but it has no other reason to be there at that time....not doing any maintenance in a bus lane anyways.

Sent via my Telegraph machine using morse code