Quote Originally Posted by alan b
Hey guys looking at an e46 but its smg, now having 4 manual ones i said i wouldnt mind a change, but the 3k bill for an smg pump is a huge put off!! Any thing i can check to see what nick the system is in? Can i check system pressure through inpa? Any tips greatly appreciated!!
Alan, smg is a sweet piece of kit and is dead handy to use took me awhile to get use to it and to be honest I hated it @ 1st..... And after a couple of long drives really started to enjoy the auto&semi mode, and when your an ace at it you couldn't nearly go back to manual!! Like everything there's pros and cons but believe me there's many more pros you can adjust the smg mode to suit your driving styles, and as I have learned with my 05 manual m3 you can miss a gear when your doing some spirited driving... with an smg it just takes a touch to change up or down and you never miss!! Lol also with the traction off u can put it in s6 mode and you have launch control and it changes gear in a split second a joy to drive as with a manual box you have to let it warm up and treat with a little bit of respect, but don't be put off there are higher maintenance costs it's just simply wearable items wearing out due to age or being roughly treated, you can take mine for a spin all you have to do is buy it!! don't knock it till you try it. Now is the time to buy prices are reasonable.