Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
First thing ill say is whoever your getting your information from aint got a clue..I ran a small case 3.65 lsd in my is..beat on it everyday drifting, racing and fast road stuff nuernberg etc for 2 years...not once did it either refuse to lock up or break and I killed many open diffs..if your not stupid and drive with sense it wont die..that and the correct oil..lads use 75-90 when it needs 75-140..and its still fresh in a mates car..issue you have is finding one..the other two options the ratio will suck the balls out of the little IS lump..alot a lads do it and are happy but you need better ratios if you want to have fun..id pm valdas as he built my old small case. .he can rework ratios im sure on a med case
Thanks! yeah thats the thing if i got a medium case id have to get a different ratio put in because ive read the 3.15 ratio medium case would turn the car into a 316 off the line, what was the 3.65 like at the top end was it revving a lot harder? think mines a 3.38/3.45

welding it is not an option as im doing it for my project in college haha i cant go back and be like i welded my diff because theres not a lot involved and i dont fancy driving with a welded diff on the daily