Quote Originally Posted by Bennyc View Post
Well gav
I have one of these in my van got it new it has given a lot of trouble since Iv owned it I think after I bought it, it stopped working and I had to get a new control unit. The piece everything plugs into. Got that through the warranty it wasn't that old after that it gave trouble again. It was like the remote was faulty so I googled it and said the battery connections were not making a good connection it's a very common problem with them. So I got a piece of paper and shoved it between the battery and the remote so it would make a good connection this worked for ages but it gave trouble again and for a finish the battery wouldnt work at all so I cut a old TV remote in half just leaving the battery's and connections making a 3v supply and soldered the two wires from the "battery pack" to the circuit board on the remote. Surprisingly it has worked perfect since and it's been a year or so now. I not impressed with the parrot system it's ropey at the best of times. The wife has a 12 vw Jetta with Bluetooth factory built in and it's flawless. Huger better
I fitted parrot mki9200 for 6 years an they do have thetr problem, but ive never seen a remote give any battery contact issues!! Main issue with the remote was the little piece that holds battery in breaking an not holding battery in