Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Impact Guns

I have the 18v makita 1/2 impact gun just as good as an air gun u actually have to be careful not to over tighten bolts when going back on. I'm a electrician so have a cordless screw gun, sds drill and a good few other 18v tools to go with the 18v battery's so it works perfect with me. If you go get a el impact gun that ur not using all the time the battery's get f**ked. There is 110v el impact guns you can get they must p be as good if not better than battery impact guns

Bought a cheap Sealy gun with two batteries about four years ago and used them very regularly for about two years, they took some hardship and are still going strong. I thought if I got a year out of them that they'd be worth it.
    They were about one qtr the price of the equivalent snap-on.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw View Post
    milwaukee are very good !Think they are in Ballymount ind estate or other choice Ingersoll rand ,far best on the market!some dealer in air port business park in new castle
    Thanks guys, was actually looking at Milwaukee along with Makita too, they're priced reasonably online. I'll see if i can give them a shout today. never heard of them before, didn't know what they were like.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Contributor
    Here's an alternative for less than a tonne, the main cons are: it's either off or on not adjustable & requires access to mains power

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-CEW10...mpact+gun+230v

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    Here's an alternative for less than a tonne, the main cons are: it's either off or on not adjustable & requires access to mains power

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-CEW10...mpact+gun+230v
    Ohh thats a good idea, never considered plug in one. Most of the ones i was seeing were 110v and I wasn't bothered lugging a transformer around the place. May check to see what other ones are out there.
    - Sold

BMWHaus Guru
    Just an update on this, pulled the trigger on a dewalt 230v corded wrench. Hope it has enough torque now! Was on the fence whether to spend another 150 and get a more powerful battery powered one, but as I'll always be using near a power source I'm hoping it will be fine.
    - Sold

BMWHaus Contributor
    Anyone recommend a cheap air impact gun? I have a 50l air compressor I think. It wouldn't be getting major usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    Just an update on this, pulled the trigger on a dewalt 230v corded wrench. Hope it has enough torque now! Was on the fence whether to spend another 150 and get a more powerful battery powered one, but as I'll always be using near a power source I'm hoping it will be fine.
    Keep us updated on how you get on with it, I'm interested in it!
    F31 340i M Sport Shadow Edition

BMWHaus Guru
    Report on this, have used it a few times over the last week. Removed my alloys on the 335d to touch up calipers, and replaced the rears discs, pads and a caliper on the girlfriends Cooper D.

The torque is lacking, it puts out 440nm, which you think would be enough, but you have to bear in mind, an unfortunately so, more garages will torque nuts far past this!

I think the torque spec for my car is in and around 110nm, and this will torque past this easily, I've tested it! But when I initially went to remove the bolts they would not budge with it. I had to get a breaker bar to take them off.

For me, where I'm always tipping about on my car it's perfect, yes I wish there was a more torque, but genuinely that's only to overcome the ridiculous torque that someone else has incorrectly applied to a bolt.

If I was purchasing again, I'm still in two minds whether I'd spring the extra £100 for a 950nm battery powered device.

Its has made my life easier
    Last edited by Ketron; 28-03-16 at 12:52.
    - Sold

BMWHaus Contributor
    Even with air I find myself using the power bar at times. You made the right choice, no batteries to worry about so it should last you a lifetime.