Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E30 Car valuation help please

BMWHaus Guru
    They're pretty basic cars, so a good third party check should allay most fears.

Thats said - its not a sport - they didn't come in convertible. And if its a motorsport edition, its been stripped off all its fancy bits and painted the wrong colour.

The only bits that would put me off are easily fixed - the crappy pedals, handbrake, wheels etc. The door handles would need to be the proper colour for me too - but as said, all easily fixed.

Something about this that just has me doubting it - perhaps a simiar doubt you had leading to this thread.

This is just my opinion - I have seen many e30's restored/rebuilt which have been nothing but trouble afterwards, including engine wise. I know of a white "sport" resprayed, engine rebuilt & a fortune spent on it and it looked spot on, but the owner could never get an NCT on it - it was shifted it on to someone else at a massive loss. I would almost rather pick up a cheap one myself knowing it needs the work and pay for the restore. It might work out more in the end, but at least your not taking a big gamble.

Few cosmetic things that stand out immediately; Handbrake, pedals, tinted lights, wheels, rear bumper not aligning with the rear arches, passenger door not alligned, m-badges.

You have got to ask the question; why is somebody shifting this on after spending that amount of time & effort restoring it, especially as they are appreciating and becoming more rare. Last but not least, the NCT thing mentioned in previous posts.
    Last edited by hungrjey; 21-04-16 at 19:44.

BMWHaus Guru
    Ye I told him to forget it yesterday, I told him if he goes and gets it NCT'd then to give me a shout and I'll get an engineers report done before I the deal.

There were just too many question marks over the whole thing.
    Thanks for all the info and advice lads.