Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My trip to Japan

BMWHaus Contributor
    Savage. I'd love to go over and buy a few cars to bring home.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Great pictures and looks like a great place. I'd love to visit sometime

BMWHaus Guru
    Its definitely on my bucket list to get to. I have to figure out a good reason to get to our Tokyo office!

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Its definitely on my bucket list to get to. I have to figure out a good reason to get to our Tokyo office!
    What office have ye over there if you don't mind me asking? Also will they give me a job there haha!

BMWHaus Contributor
    If you don't mind me askng John is it as expensive as they say? Like hotel rates and food?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Mark @[rebel.ranter] you can always say you wish to understand how business is done in APJ compared to EMEA in order to apply the same principles. Alternatively you can take on a "Global" project which will require for you to stay over at least two weeks to understand the culture and talk with all the different stakeholders? Makes sense? Last not least you can always say you went to the U.S. no?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry-E36 View Post
    If you don't mind me askng John is it as expensive as they say? Like hotel rates and food?
    Food is cheaper than here actually, there's decent food u can get quite cheap. Like american style diners, they're called family restaurants, eg. i had a carbonara and my wife had a soup and some bread and it was less than a tenner, there's also fast food places for working people where you could get a curry for €6/7.

Hotels, i'm not sure as we have free accommodation when we go over. Hotel could be similar to here. But if you can speak or read japanese you could find some cheap deals online but it would be difficult to find if not.

Japan has always been on the list - always heard good reports from anyone who went over

ive done a good bit of the far east already with Thailand , Vietnam , Cambodia etc but Hong Kong and japan are defo top of the list now

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry-E36 View Post

Mark @[rebel.ranter] you can always say you wish to understand how business is done in APJ compared to EMEA in order to apply the same principles. Alternatively you can take on a "Global" project which will require for you to stay over at least two weeks to understand the culture and talk with all the different stakeholders? Makes sense? Last not least you can always say you went to the U.S. no?
    I'm over and back to India a bit as it is and I'm on a plane for half of May, getting on to Tokyo might be a bit of a stretch. They kind of do their own thing over there too. I'm knee deep in Global projects as it is!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Kinda cool to see the DCU gang in the parade....Went to DCU so a little colleg proud