Thread: En route from the land of the rising sun!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Being an LCI N52 is a big win. Pretty sure that was limited to a handful of countries.

Re the infotainment, just do the CIC retrofit, it'll be the most cost effective route, same as I documented on the M5.
    Thanks Dave, this is the most likely route I'll take with it. Must dig out your thread for an overview.

Do you have a link to the thread David?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chillipepper; 12-12-23 at 12:20.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Thanks Dave, this is the most likely route I'll take with it. Must dig out your thread for an overview.

Do you have a link to the thread David?

I didn't document it here, you can find it on backroads:

https://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-r...with-a-6-speed

It's a bit of a faff but not too bad, I paid €760 precoded to the car including the combox, there was about 5 hours in the install, repin from the MULF/TCU to the combox plug but it all works, you need the centre trim, which you could cut, it was cheap for the M5 so went new, you have to do a bit of cutting on the center console to resize the CCC controller aperture to suit the CIC controller, it all bolts in otherwise.

Being precoded to the car, you don't necessarily need to adjust to cars Vehicle Order to reflect it but I did.

If you add a mr12volt to that it really brings the car up to date, I would say it's less compromised than the NBT setup I have in the 630.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I didn't document it here, you can find it on backroads:

https://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-r...with-a-6-speed

It's a bit of a faff but not too bad, I paid €760 precoded to the car including the combox, there was about 5 hours in the install, repin from the MULF/TCU to the combox plug but it all works, you need the centre trim, which you could cut, it was cheap for the M5 so went new, you have to do a bit of cutting on the center console to resize the CCC controller aperture to suit the CIC controller, it all bolts in otherwise.

Being precoded to the car, you don't necessarily need to adjust to cars Vehicle Order to reflect it but I did.

If you add a mr12volt to that it really brings the car up to date, I would say it's less compromised than the NBT setup I have in the 630.
    That looks like a fantastic retrofit Dave, great functionality too with the car play. Exactly what I have in mind as it will be my daily it will be great to have more modern functionality to hand.

Would be well beyond my scope of ability, I could stretch to replacing a head unit and be delighted with myself.

Is there any companies about that would undertake the retrofit?

There seems to be a 2009 on donedeal for breaking, looks to have the center panel along with most of what I would need.

I have already spoken to him about taking the leather interior.

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-...sport/31388007

Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    That looks like a fantastic retrofit Dave, great functionality too with the car play. Exactly what I have in mind as it will be my daily it will be great to have more modern functionality to hand.

Would be well beyond my scope of ability, I could stretch to replacing a head unit and be delighted with myself.

Is there any companies about that would undertake the retrofit?

There seems to be a 2009 on donedeal for breaking, looks to have the center panel along with most of what I would need.

I have already spoken to him about taking the leather interior.

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-...sport/31388007

I don't know anyone that would do it, not in Ireland anyway. It's annoying work and people generally break things, at a push maybe Conor Healy, but that's a guess.

The trim and controller are correct in the 09 but that's a MASK unit and the screen will be a non nav screen the centre console trim would be worth having if it is the same as yours.