Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw View Post
where is few E92 M3 with replaced engines , even one or 2 on DD ,one was done in main dealer for sure ,maybe in NI , but still it was done .I know few other ones with engine failures, one in Dublin 2-3 years ago ,low mileage one . others outside the country as people contacted me searching for them .
Lot guys ,from this our forum ,knows hackengineering in UK , follow them and U will see the amount and condition of these bearings and most of them with low mileages .I mentioned them ,because they really have done huge amount of them .some of these cars with super low mileages , I just did one E46 M3, with very low mileage , bearings was in very bad condition ,owner couldn't believe it,but only until he saw him self . its completely wrong thinking that low mileage car ,which is used for short journeys- distances ,work home 10-15 minutes drive ,or mostly as weekend car ,will last longer as daily car with hour or so drive every day .... yes ,most components are mileage related ,but .... engine is build to work in its full working temperatures ,and most of these M3 run 10W60 oil , race car , with oil which suits its needs .... so once its in its temperatures ,it can do any hard work ,fast street ,track use ,it has no harm or don't do any damage ... the damage is - short distances ,low engine temperatures ,rich on fuel ,oil is in low temperatures and don't give protection to these components .I have sold good few engines from e46 M3 , and lot guys who rang looking for them ,had very late 04-06 cars with low mileages and with gone engines .most I had , weals early cars with 100k and on mileages I think one was over 160k mls and with very minimal subframe cracks as was used for long distances .u might not believe what I say ,but reality says different ...
So Valdelis, are you putting rod bearings on the E92 M3 more in the "must have" category, than "nice to have" ?
And that is irrespective of mileage recorded...