I’ve said it numerous times and I still stick to what I say, the pinnacle of BMW models where the E46/E39/E38 and E53 models. Pre these models they where working up nicely with impressive models refining them in each generation.

After the above the quality went down hill imho, between chocolate engines and soft interiors it went a bit “I want you to change your car every 5 years” not “I want you to hold onto it until retirement” attitude.

Pointless models for me are mostly the X4, X6 and X7. I understand why they make them but I don’t understand why they make them

Quote Originally Posted by alan996 View Post
My mother had a new e36 compact back in the day...

And the an e46 compact in pistachio green from new also...

Absolute go karts of cars (esp the E46).

But my dad currently has one of those GT cars... Absolutely horrid but he loves it.. basically it's a 7 series interior on a 5 series chassis with X6 styling...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The 5 series Gt is a 7 series chassis with a 5 series interior . As most said and it’s very true, they look a bit wrong but they work very well. Drove a 530gt for a week and with dropping the kids off, buggies etc it was an impressive machine to have. Just need to squint your eyes every time you walk past the rear of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk