Thread: What's my E39 worth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks, Curran - it is a very clean one by DoneDeal standards, but I'd say it's rough by forum standards when I see what you guys do with your cars.

Valdas, is that an accident or an insurance job?!

I'm doing about twice the mileage I thought I would when I got it. If I switch to a diesel I'll get massive savings in running costs. Not just the lower fuel cost, but I can claim diesel VAT back, and maybe commercial tax if I went that route.

I'm really in two minds about this. Every time I need to spend on it - e.g. will need at least €300 for new brake pads and a pair of rear tyres soon - I wonder if I'm wasting money I should be putting into a new one. But, damn it's a nice drive.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by outofbandii View Post
    T But, damn it's a nice drive.
    LOL - that's exactly it. I have an E39 530D M Sport - perfect mechanically but paint needs a bit of TLC or replacement lol

I'm in the same boat, but it always comes back to "what are you going to replace it with"

Gonna paint it and drive it a few more years - it's actually nice to have something that now is different, and to be honest I still love how it wrap's around you and make you feel connected to whats happening - very few cars left like that coming out now. It's at the bottom of it's depreciation also.