I agree 2 years on a new car is poxy, but having said that F generation cars seem to be much more reliable than E generation on general. I have had the extended warranty and its was flawless but expensive. AUC is excellent. My dad laughs at me, "all these expensive cars and sure they are always breaking down". What I have learned over the years is...keep a BMW in warranty if you can, and dont buy the first models of a new engine, gearbox or drive train. Ferrari offer 5 years on a new car...5 years !!!! and usually service inclusive too,, so the complexity and performance argument is not valid. Having said that anyone I know with a Ferrari (both of them ) have had loads of issues. Porsche have loads of issues too. ( I see a 991 Turbo S on a flatbed regularly round my area, and had a 997 5% of which are prone to catastrophic engine failure without warning) I have never had an issue with a F series BMW car except a AC compressor on a 420d.
I think a 5 year warranty would be more appropriate. I wonder seeing as BMW uk give 3 years I think, is it the fascination with diesel cars for city driving, that has them lowering cover in Ireland?
Kia 7 years on a 360 bhp stinger......