Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E60 m5

BMWHaus Guru
    It’s a beautiful car, the colour really makes the car stand out!
    And the noise, good god... I would have concerns too, especially the bearings but the price hasn’t really reflected these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't you tax the m3 for a year? I'd drive it on till the baby comes and worry about changing it then! Your m3 looks like a seriously sorted car. While the m5 is cool you will be constantly worried about something going wrong with it. Just my 2 cents! Would love to be able to afford either!

BMWHaus Contributor
    I may have missed it but where is that E60 for sale? Have you considered an E55 or an E63 Peter or even an Audi RS?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ginoc View Post
    I may have missed it but where is that E60 for sale? Have you considered an E55 or an E63 Peter or even an Audi RS?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25588063 2006 BMW M5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Not enough room for 2 little ones. It was a bit cramped when we had a lowly 320d
    Must be big kids! I've got an E90 as a runaround and it has loads of space for the two kids - and my lad is a tall for his age 9 year old. Boot won't fit a bugaboo though

BMWHaus Guru
    This topic is relevant to me also me because I have my first on the way in January. I still haven't resigned myself to the need for a 4 door car at all, let alone that something like an E90 wouldn't be big enough! Tbh I was still working on the basis that my next car will be an F82 or an E92 M3 (even though I've been saying that for about 2 years)...

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    This topic is relevant to me also me because I have my first on the way in January. I still haven't resigned myself to the need for a 4 door car at all, let alone that something like an E90 wouldn't be big enough! Tbh I was still working on the basis that my next car will be an F82 or an E92 M3 (even though I've been saying that for about 2 years)...
    I can confirm a two door, plus said baby and baby seat = complete pita. Just picked up a skoda superb estate, you can fit a football team in the back, still have the e46 so best of both worlds

Sent from my TRT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    Must be big kids! I've got an E90 as a runaround and it has loads of space for the two kids - and my lad is a tall for his age 9 year old. Boot won't fit a bugaboo though
    Yes but your kids would be in booster seats or no child seats at all, right? Mine are 2 and 3 years old, so still in those bulky child seats.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Yes but your kids would be in booster seats or no child seats at all, right? Mine are 2 and 3 years old, so still in those bulky child seats.
    Have boosters in the E90 because its not used that much, but full on maxi cosi jobs in the F31 - which has more or less identical leg room. I'd happily have an E90 M3 as the family wagon if I was in the humour to pay extortionate motor tax again

BMWHaus Guru
    Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Not a fan of the f10 M5, nor the pre-LCI e90 M3 (that would feel like a downgrade), really like the LCI e90 but the right one is likely 40k+ and 2350 tax (don’t think space would be an issue but having kids you do amass a rather large amount of crap )

@ Ginoc, I contacted deane’s about their C63 when they dropped the price but sadly it was sold already. To be honest apart from C63/E63 in that price range I would prefer something Bavarian

@ Kieran, I sure did - taxed until end of February 2021 and it’s a truly well sorted and loved car which is why it’s hard to let it go unless it’s for 100% the right car.

@ Chillipepper - yep, 2 door and one kid is a pain but not impossible, not sure I fancy dealing with 2 door + 2 kids. My only concern with the 2 car approach is that it can be a false economy sometimes and you’re also never in the fun car.