Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
Great feedback Dave - how about the 335i? you've had me thinking about one of them since I seen you replaced the E39 M5 with one. Having said that I'd love to go back to an E39 M5 again
I bought the 335i as a daily, they're 25% the cost of an M3 and they're definitely not 25% the car.

I picked mine up for what I thought was small money, full main dealer history with clean bill of health, just had a €2k service, including new water pump, rocker cover and gasket, pcv, and oil filter housing.

Now, having put 1500km on it, here's the issues.

Waste Gate rattle - fix - new turbos - €2500
Inexplicable haemorrhaging of engine oil - ??
Occasionally, I have absolutely no brake bite - assuming it's a brake servo - €600

Suspension refresh - €1500

That's outside of a new set of pilot sport 4s tyres €850 + €100 fitting and balancing

I think this is gonna be a €10k car by the time I have it sorted and it may have been much smarter to buy a facelift DCT N55. Then again, I'll have an absolutely sorted car with forged internals and an easy 500hp as I'll be fitting uprated turbos rather than the OE units. Fit an LSD and it'll be a monster.

Parts are also cheap, they're half the insurance cost of the M5 and it'll do 30 mpg (which is important to me as I'm a fan of putting mileage on my cars) but I'm not sure they're the bargain everyone thinks they are, especially if you're particular about the car being right.

Mines in getting fixed at the moment, I'm back to the Lexus which has taken nothing but fuel since I bought it.

JohnH's friends car was probably the one to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro