Thread: Checks for car information. (MOT History, Irish Tax/NCT Expiry)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    This is gold, thanks lads.
    Is there any way to check the Nct history on a car? Eg dates & mileage at test dates?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    This is gold, thanks lads.
    Is there any way to check the Nct history on a car? Eg dates & mileage at test dates?

Nope. Only useful thing is, You'll get the Mileages for the last 3 years on the cert.

I'v tried to get mileage records by ringing them and definately won't do it over the phone, They want it put it writing and they may release info.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RossYB View Post
    Nope. Only useful thing is, You'll get the Mileages for the last 3 years on the cert.

I'v tried to get mileage records by ringing them and definately won't do it over the phone, They want it put it writing and they may release info.
    Thanks, it's the old ones I really want from before I bought the car, mainly for the e30. I might try the written approach with them so.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Is there a way to confirm mileage of a car that has had only 1 previous mot.

For example
    My sister is looking to buy a car from kind of back yard dealer here in Ireland. It's 2012 with 44k miles. Had a previous mot in 2015 and the mileage checks out just fine. But how can I confirm that it wasn't clocked prior to its first mot?