I don't remember a time when things weren't getting worse for car enthusiasts to be honest.

It's been a consistent downward trend for a long time.

It's pretty depressing. Part of the fun of performance cars (to me) is that they're supposed to be "dangerous", impractical, not everyone should be able to drive them, or own them, you should be making some sort of sacrifice to have one which in itself sets you apart from the average joe in their HIDEOUS Nissan Tida.

Soon, the electric "Nissan Tidas" of the world will be as quick or quicker than performance ICE cars. The diesel phenomenon already bridged quite a bit of the gap between "normal car" and "performance car". At least in a straight line.

Soon ICE sports cars will be considered irrelevant by 99.9% of people - even Mo is already converted The 0.1% can go on about the driving experience and the noise (which is already being taken away by WLTP if nothing else) as much as we want but it'll be pi$$ing in the wind.

Not to mention how "anti-social" it's becoming to own or drive a sports car or big engined car, motor tax, brexit which will soon deprive us of UK cars unless you're willing to pay through the nose. It's the perfect storm.

I think I'm nearly ready to throw in the towel...