Page 312 of 313 FirstFirst ... 62212262287302310311312313 LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3129

Thread: Random post thread

BMWHaus Guru
    I’d be happy to make a contribution to running costs too. It can be quiet at times but it is good to have a place to hang out with the like minded folks we have here.

BMWHaus Guru
    The BMW Classics forum died off a few years back and just has the Facebook page going. I am moderator of that and have had some success organising some informal meets (BMWs & Coffee) over the last year or two including some people from here. We do have some enjoyable banter. Mr Bayerische has managed to get two stand out Cars and Coffee at Keane’s too plus the Terenure show stand.

If would be shame for the forum to go at this stage as it does serve for a good knowledge share for enthusiasts. I think if I tried directing people from the Classics page now there is no forum to here, this may help as there are some good and interested folks. I don’t think I will be posting anymore build or progress threads myself but happy to help the above and in other ways. I do have a lot of contact with forum members outside of the forum as there has been a good network built over the years, regularly passing leads and information on cars.

Regards
    Andy

I’ve always liked this site, read posts all the time. I think also some of the reason is lack of good attainable cars from BMW these days. E46m3 was always my dream car, came close to buying one a few years ago but now they are so pricey even for ropey examples, same for e92 m3

M4s are still pricey and not many other petrol models I would be interested in. Let’s not mention the new ugly looks. Anyway just another thought why users and interest is declining

Administrator
    I'll make contact with Ciars, see if he'll jump on to help trash this out!

BMWHaus Guru

Random post thread

Agree with the lads, this is a great forum and I would be happy to make a contribution to keep the site up and running! Dave, if the site is short on mods, again, I would gladly help out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sad to see the site going downhill, I have not been on much due to two reasons. I don't live in Ireland anymore and haven't actually seen my E36 in about 2 years, never mind driven it. @dergside, it still is where I/you left it right!?

Long story short, a forum is only as good as its members, will try and drop in a bit more often.

Agree with everything that’s been said already.

I’ve always enjoyed reading progress on the build threads over the years. They’re much less common now but that seems to be the case for most automotive forums these days. There are still a decent amount of posts on the DD thread which is generally interesting reading.

I don’t use FB so would be sad to see the forum go, and it’s the only place where I can find out about cars and coffee etc. I’d be very happy to pay an annual sub to support the forum and/or to help out in any way I can.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond Junior View Post
    @dergside, it still is where I/you left it right!?
    There was definitely SOMETHING under a cover where you left it, as recently as about a week ago 😀

Administrator
    Ciars is away for the mid-term until the weekend. He'll jump on then to discuss!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Well seeing as you are on whatsapp now, you can send a picture!