Or you could have this northern reg one without the vat and duty possibly cleared for 35k? facelift, less mileage & rhd

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...39-m5/29326614

On the the whole LHD thing, I had a look into this shortly after brexit. I personally wouldn't drive a LHD unless there was a significant saving(at least 30%) or it only came in a LHD ie. E30 M3, E34 M5 touring.

That M5 for 18.5k does look cheap, a bit too cheap? from my experience cars on the continent are far more expensive than the UK and almost comparable in price after adding vat and duty. Just using an e46 M3's as an example, on the continent they average about 30k for a half decent one with lowish mileage. In the UK you're looking at 18-19k for similar. Add vat & duty and your around the 30k mark.

Then you have the language barrier, stuff could get lost in translation, Further to travel and it will always be worth less on this island. Come sale time it will be alot harder to shift. You could argue that you'd have a bigger market with it being a LHD, but I don't think Europeans would be looking to Ireland to buy cars unless it was something very special and alot cheaper than they can get in their own back garden.

Anytime I was searching for something in Germany or the likes there was always a couple of rhd ones and they were always the cheapest.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk