Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Recall on 2 Ltr Diesel timing chains

RE: Recall on 2 Ltr Diesel timing chains

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    Quick update - my brother didn't get a chance to get in touch with BMW Ireland, but got a call from M&G to say they were booking him in for the work. So thankfully his will get the work done anyway.
    Great news, I bet he is relieved. BMW really ain't helping themselves or the brand, leaving something like this lingering for so long and then not having a solid recall campaign.

They arent even calling it a recall campaign.

Something to the effect of 'product vehicle enhancement'.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhennebry
    They arent even calling it a recall campaign.

Something to the effect of 'product vehicle enhancement'.
    Correct they ain't. But you, I and everyone else is, because that's what it is! There is no excuse for this sh!t still going on in 2015 having first raised it's head in early E90 models!

Before that it was blown turbos' on N47's :surprised:

BMWHaus Guru

This carry on is making me seriously reconsider replacing the f10 with another bmw :sad:

Ok so, I still hadn't heard back today so I called M&G. The lady I have been dealing with wasn't available and I missed her return call.
    She left a message though saying they are still waiting on BMW to make a decision on whether or not to change my chain under the goodwill gesture.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DrTurkTurkelton
    Ok so, I still hadn't heard back today so I called M&G. The lady I have been dealing with wasn't available and I missed her return call.
    She left a message though saying they are still waiting on BMW to make a decision on whether or not to change my chain under the goodwill gesture.
    Sounds about right. My brother got some clarification, and was told they're doing a health check. They may, or may not, change the chain pending the outcome of that.

BMW aren't doing a great job on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTurkTurkelton
    Sounds about right. My brother got some clarification, and was told they're doing a health check. They may, or may not, change the chain pending the outcome of that.

BMW aren't doing a great job on this one.
    It's all a mess - M&G checked my chassis number and told me mine isn't covered despite having the N47. I rang BMW Ireland - they told me the same thing but they did suggest I have a health check so I rang M&G and they wanted 80 euro's with no guarantee that the work would be covered if it was required. A mess.

I'll have mine checked in Sept when it's in with healeyc for a service.

BMWHaus Guru

Brother had his car checked today - chain is on the verge of going. Now waiting to see if BMW will cover the replacement under good will. Absolute joke - one of the reasons for ending the recall is because they don't believe it to be an actual issue, yet a car that comes in displaying the exact issue in question might end up being sent off without the work having been done.

BMWHaus Contributor

Does anyone know how to diagnose it without sending it into the dealer.

Hoped into the dad's car this morning and could hear something like a loose chain/belt hitting off a cover.

Hey guys, just an update. Was talking to the lady I have been dealing with in M&G this morning and BMW are covering it for me. Car is booked in for mid august so hopefully this means other people will be covered as well.