Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E92/e90 m3

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    The red one would need some work to go back to std.

You’ll need a car registered before 1 July 2008 for the less extortionate tax.

No, don’t buy a UK car here. You’ll be screwed! If you buy a car in the North, get a receipt to confirm. Your bank statement showing the withdrawal of €€ to pay for it should help too.
    I had e92 320d silver , I went to VRT office and had no any receipts or invoices ,so she told me to get hand written letter with name from the log book and date ,lets say yesterdays date on it, thats all ,no problems .
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    for road TAX , im nearly sure once the reg will be 08 ,they let u take cheaper option for road tax . the guy registed some Toyota 08 , and they let him decide which system he want to use, the emission option was more expencive ,so he took early on engine CC based one .

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw View Post
    for road TAX , im nearly sure once the reg will be 08 ,they let u take cheaper option for road tax . the guy registed some Toyota 08 , and they let him decide which system he want to use, the emission option was more expencive ,so he took early on engine CC based one .
    I thought the option is only there for cars registers from Jan-June 2008. From July I thought it’s all emissions, but I could be wrong.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    I thought the option is only there for cars registers from Jan-June 2008. From July I thought it’s all emissions, but I could be wrong.
    might be , im not saying that im 100%, I could be wrong as well .

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Peter , are U ready to live with its MPG ??? 1800e road TAX and other stuff ?

BMWHaus Guru
    Something to consider about early cars, they're old and are going to step into the realms of being a pain in the ass to insure for a few years.

Other thing is CCC sucks, and you'll probably want to face lift the tail lights.

When you factor that in, the €500 per year more to tax a facelift car starts to make more sense.

My E39 M5 was €1500 to insure because no one wanted to insure it as it was over 10 years old and I didn't want the mileage restriction of classic policy.

Insuring a late reg E92 M3 is about €900 for me, so the savings in insurance completely offset the road tax increase.

Add a cost of about 2k to facelift it (maybe not a factor for you) the facelift cars start to make a bit of sense.

Lastly, two words, mineral white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Guru
    Just a thought. Is there a chance a 2014 M4 might be cheaper to run in totality (incl depreciation) over say 2 years than a 2008 M3?

BMWHaus Guru
    Just a thought. Is there a chance a 2014 M4 might be cheaper to run in totality (incl depreciation) over say 2 years than a 2008 M3?
    I think it would be very close. What do you think a 2014 M4 will be worth in 2 years?

Factoring in how much more economical they are to run, I can't see them depreciating like the E92 did and they don't seem to have any major reliability issues, maybe €35k - €40k?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffvader View Post
    Mine is manual - and to low mileage for you ��
    Did you mean to write too expensive for me?

PM on the way anyway.

there is no penalty for new buyer ... if he's not catched by Garda or customs on the road ,driving it for over limited-legal time . main thing is to get hand written letter with sell date .nobody does any investigations if U get to VRT office yourself ,not forced by custom or their records .
    I know , if customs stops u with UK reg , and they can prove that u have it for a while and it was on the road , u either pay fine on the top of VRT , or must get the car out of the country ,and everything must be done in 10 days time or so . and u CANT sell it here in Ireland to other buyer ,as now its yours responsibility to pay vat or get rid of it out of country, cant resell it here.they will have your details ,and u will be in trouble .
    Sounds like exactly the kind of hassle I'd like to avoid

I seem to remember hearing something similar a while back, but I can't be sure either. I think I'll need to call the nice people at the VRT office and get something in writing from them if that's the case.

Peter , are U ready to live with its MPG ??? 1800e road TAX and other stuff ?
    MPG is not an issue really. Tax? I'll stomach the 1800 but that's where I draw the line, no amount of man maths is going to make me justify the insanity that is the 2350 tax bracket.

Other stuff happens no matter the car... Might as well enjoy it! Especially when the door is closing on the internal combustion engine and big juicy petrol V8s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Something to consider about early cars, they're old and are going to step into the realms of being a pain in the ass to insure for a few years.

Other thing is CCC sucks, and you'll probably want to face lift the tail lights.

When you factor that in, the €500 per year more to tax a facelift car starts to make more sense.

My E39 M5 was €1500 to insure because no one wanted to insure it as it was over 10 years old and I didn't want the mileage restriction of classic policy.

Insuring a late reg E92 M3 is about €900 for me, so the savings in insurance completely offset the road tax increase.

Add a cost of about 2k to facelift it (maybe not a factor for you) the facelift cars start to make a bit of sense.

Lastly, two words, mineral white

I don't want to jinx it but insurance has always been generally ok for me, CCC is indeed rubbish, and I do like the facelift rear lights, but I'd like to hang on to the car I pick up this time and I just won't accept that CO2 tax rate.

I'd be tempted by the rear lights down the line but I wouldn't bother upgrading the CCC.

Mineral white is gorgeous

The M4 is a mighty impressive car but it just hasn't captivated me the way another car I keep banging on about has

I would prefer the e92.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post

The M4 is a mighty impressive car but it just hasn't captivated me the way another car I keep banging on about has

I would prefer the e92.
    That’s all that matters. It reminds me of our planned move to the e70 from e53. After trying both we just preferred the e53 so that’s the decision made!

Now we can get back to looking for an e92 for you and enjoy the reprieve of virtually spending somebody else’s money!